Sometimes we come across the situation when we need to do work or just spend free time online from the computer, there isn’t any Wi-Fi connection. Then we wonder “How to turn on hotspot on iPhone 8?”. The article will give you the answer to this question as well as detailed instructions on how to get the internet on your computer from the iPhone no matter where you are.
As you know, nowadays phones are much more than just gadgets for making calls. Science development and its active implementation into production allowed to turn phones into small computers equipped with all functions you can imagine, including access to the internet and sharing it with other gadgets. Thanks to extremely high functionality, access to the Internet and small size people more and more use phones for doing absolutely different kinds of work instead of computers.
Actually, to get Wi-Fi from the phone in conditions of the absence of Wi-Fi spots is really convenient because you always have your phone with you, so you escape getting into the case when the source of Wi-Fi is absent. Besides, the method is working in most cases since manufacturers strive to make the product the best on the market, so by this moment phones have really big network coverage and consequently the internet connection in huge areas.
So, let’s begin!
How to use your iPhone 8 as a wireless route?
First of all, if you wonder “How to set up a hotspot on iPhone 8?” or “How can I get a hotspot on my iPhone?”, then there is good news, because every Apple gadget, as well as iPhone 8, has Personal Hotspot feature which allows to both transfer mobile information and receives it from other gadgets situated not far away (In the picture above you can see control center where you can turn on Personal Hotspot, Bluetooth and, of course, Wi-Fi). That’s why you can use the instruction from this article to learn how to use an iPhone se wifi hotspot or any other iPhone hotspot as well. Moreover, if you have cellular communication on the iPad, you can turn your iPad into a wifi hotspot, too. If you use an iPad in the quality of a computer and, on the contrary, need to transmit the internet access to it, you can use an iPhone or other types of phones as wifi hotspot devices for iPad. The scheme works both ways.
Take into account that tethering is the original name of the feature in order t understand articles devoted to this topic. To use the function, you need to stick to several demands. Make sure that you use a data plan that supports the tethering and that the present IOS version on your iPhone is the last one.
If you want to, there is also an option to connect an iPhone and a computer with the help of a USB cable. Here, all you need to do is to attach the wire to a phone and to a computer.
In case you don’t know if your data plan allows tethering, contact the carrier to learn it. Otherwise, if your data plan doesn’t allow tethering, you will have to make payments for it.
How to turn on the hotspot on iPhone 8?
Here you can see an instruction on how to make a real Wi-Fi router of your iPhone 8 or how to turn on hotspot on iPhone 8 to connect a computer to the internet in just a few actions:
- Open Settings in the main menu
- Choose Cellular
- Click on Personal Hotspot
- Put the slider in the position of “On”
- If there’s no button Cellular in the menu of Settings, find the Mobile Data button and turn the function on. If you can’t do it either, contact the carrier to learn if the function of tethering is allowed within the frames of your data plan.
When ending with turning iPhone 8 mobile Personal Hotspot on, you can connect other devices to your phone with the help of either Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or USB cable. To do it, do the following actions:
- Check if Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are turned on to avoid connection with a USB cable.
- Enter Wi-Fi Password that you need
- Here you follow the instructions written on the page on the phone. That means you have to choose iPhone in Wi-Fi settings on the computer and then enter the password you’ve just filled in on the phone.
- It is written under the title To Connect Using Wi-Fi.
After completing all the steps, wait a little bit until you see that the connection is active.
How to connect to your iPhone 8 Personal Hotspot using USB?
It is necessary to be aware of a few important details when deciding on a USB cable to use for connection between a phone and another device. Firstly, to make a success, the iTunes version has to be the latest. Secondly, the USB cable has to be original.
- Connect a computer with a phone.
- Find a sign that a computer can see that a phone is connected to it.
- In case a phone asks to Trust This Computer or not, press on Trust.
- Open System Preferences on the computer and then Network menu
- There pick iPhone USB, if you can’t find it, click on the “+” icon and then pick the same option there.
Failure with getting a connection can be caused by the fact that the phone already has a connection to a different gadget.
To fix the situation:
- Go to Settings
- Click on Make Service Inactive
The plus of the usage of USB tethering is that no matter if you have an ios 8 or another one, even an iPhone different type of phone, everything is simple.
So, here it is – the way of giving the internet access from a phone to a computer through a USB cable.
Pay attention that if you have a computer-based on a Windows system, procedures for connection may vary from the ones mentioned here.
How to connect to your iPhone 8 Personal Hotspot using Wi-Fi?
Before following the list of actions, make sure that Wi-Fi and Personal Hotspot are turned on your phone.
- Open Settings and Wi-Fi menu after that on the computer or another gadget you use
- Find your phone in the list
- Click on the Wi-Fi network to connect the phone
- Fill in the password in case you are asked to. The password is the same as you wrote in the Wi-Fi settings on the phone before.
The connection may take some time, so it’s ok to wait for a little bit.
How to connect to your iPhone 8 Personal Hotspot using Bluetooth?
To tether the iPhone hotspot with the other gadget with the help of Bluetooth, the first thing to do is of course turning on Bluetooth itself.
For that make these steps:
- Open Settings on your phone and check if Bluetooth is working
- Then go to Settings of the other gadget that should be connected to your phone and find their Bluetooth section to check Bluetooth mode there, too
- Get back to iPhone and make sure the connection is working on both devices.
Using Personal Hotspot with Continuity feature on your iPhone 8
One of the colorful traits of IOS is the provision of permanent connection and control of the chosen gadgets. This way, you can when gadgets are situated close to each other, the connection appears automatically.
There is an instruction on how to do it:
- Place iPhone where some short distance between it and MacBook will be.
- Go to Wi-Fi menu on MacBook
- Turn on Hotspot and remain there
- Make sure iPhone has Bluetooth and Wi-Fi functions turned on
- After noticing the name of the iPhone in the Mac menu, press on it.
Everything is ready.
How to disconnect devices in your Personal Hotspot network?
After completing the usage of the internet on a computer through an iPhone’s connection, it is necessary to turn this connection off, since otherwise, you will have to pay for transcending the limits you had.
To do it:
- Turn Bluetooth or Personal Hotspot off on iPhone or disconnect the USB cable if you chose to set up the connection with it.
In case you face some problems with Personal Hotspot, appeal to a tested method consisting of reloading the device or program you have problems with.
So, as you can see, in the conditions of absence of Wi-Fi spot, there is a convenient way out of the situation thanks to the possibility to transmit the internet connection from gadget to gadget. Moreover, the procedure of connection is quite easy and frequently includes just simple actions such as turning functions of Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, or Personal Hotspot on devices you want to connect with each other. However, there are some moments that you should consider while you take the steps to get a connection. For example, you should always turn off Personal Hotspot after using it in order not to pay extra money for it. You also have to make up a password to connect 2 gadgets and enter it on the gadget you want to tether with your phone.
That was all about connection to iPhone Personal Hotspot. We hope you got all the information you wanted to know about this topic.