To change carrier name iPhone needs to be jailbroken. It should work for old iPhone OS versions from 3.0 to 7.0. Also, as the app that we use for this task is available on Cydia, you need to have that stored on your device. Let’s see how to do it in a few simple steps. Also, optionally, you can do the same with time in the status bar.
How to change carrier name iPhone: detailed instruction
- Step one: You need to start Cydia.
- Step two: the app used to change carrier name is available for free. It’s aptly named “FakeCarrier” and available on Cydia.
Open the search, and enter the app name.
- Step three: Tap on the app’s name, then on the install button. You will see some simple instructions, following them should be easy. When the setup comes to the end, tap the “return” button to finish.
- Step four: Now, how to change the carrier name on your iPhone with this app? On the home screen of your device, you should be able to locate its icon. You need to tap it to run the app.
- Step five: The app is not very complicated as it will show you just a few buttons: fake carrier, fake time, and battery level. Of course, tapping the first one allows changing carrier name. The second button allows you to also replace the clock with some text.
- Step six: Now you should get a prompt to enter the new text. When it’s done, press the “Set” button,
- Step seven: Optionally, the “fake time” button of the FakeCarrier allows to overwrite the time in the status bar with custom text too.
When you change carrier name iPhone will instead display the replacement text until the changes are canceled. So, if you wish to return your status bar to a standard look, you simply can just launch the app again as described above, select fake carrier or fake time, and instead of typing a custom text press the “reset” button.
Now, we have seen how to change your carrier name on your iPhone. After all, if you still have an old iPhone well after its warranty expired, is there really any reason not to jailbreak it and try some new customization? After all, even if something will go wrong, not only the price of the used devices goes down, reducing the risk, but their incompatibility with modern apps makes them less and less useful. So, why don’t you do something that you would consider too risky when the device was way more valuable? You will be able to tweak your Apple device in many new exciting ways after jailbreak. Some may affect functionality, and others are cosmetic. In particular, this small guide tells you how to change your carrier name, replacing it with some other text.