To change carrier name iPhone needs to be jailbroken. It should work for old iPhone OS version number from 3.0 to 7.0.
Also, as the app that we use for this task is available on Cydia, you need to have that stored on your device. Let’s see how to do download it in a few simple steps. Also, optionally, you can do the same with time in the status bar.
How to change carrier name iPhone: detailed instruction
- Step one: You need to start Cydia.
- Step two: the apn carrier settings used to change carrier name is available to carriers for free. It’s aptly named “FakeCarrier” and available on Cydia.
Open the search, and enter the app name.
- Step three: Tap on the app’s name, then on the installation button. You will see some simple instructions, following them should be easy. When the setup comes to the end, tap the “return” button to finish.
- Step four: Now, how to change the carrier name on your iPhone with this app? On the home screen of your device, you should be able to locate its icon. You need to tap it to run the app. Go to Settings.
- Step five: The app is not very complicated as it will show you just a few buttons: fake iphone users carrier, fake time, and battery level. You can find the name in the Messages app, on the lock screen , on the settings screen, and in the Settings app, in the input box and click. Of course, tapping the first one allows changing carrier name. The second button allows you to also replace the clock with some text.
- Step six: Now you should get a prompt to enter the new text. When it’s done, press the “Set” button,
- Step seven: Optionally, the “fake time” button of the Fake Carrier allows overwriting the time in the status bar with custom text, too.
That’s not carrier-dependent, right! So below steps are equal for all the iPhone and iOS version users who want a custom carrier name with no jailbreak. Have you ever wondered what would happen if you changed the carrier name on your iPhone? Well, if you do decide to go down that rabbit hole, you’ll notice that your iPhone no longer displays your iPhone carrier name, but instead shows a replace carrier text. If you want to revert your carriers back to the original look, simply launch the app again, select fake carrier or fake time and hit the “reset” button. It’s that easy! This nifty trick can be a fun way to prank your friends or maybe even change up the look of your phone. So, go ahead and give it a try!
Now, we have seen how much open iTunes to change your carrier name on iPhone. After all, if you still have an old iPhone well after its warranty expired, is there really any reason not to jailbreak your own open iTunes and try some new customization?
After all, even if something will go wrong, not only the price of the used devices goes down, reducing the risk, but their incompatibility with modern apps makes them less and less useful. So, why don’t you do something that you would consider too risky when the device was way more valuable?
You will be able to tweak settings on your Apple device in many new exciting ways after jailbreak. Some may affect functionality, and others are cosmetic. In particular, this small guide tells you how to change your carrier update network name, replacing it with some other text.
How to Change Carrier Name on iPhone and iPad without Jailbreak
Do you know what’s better than having the latest and greatest iPhone or iPad? Personalizing it to your liking, of course! But until recently, changing your carrier name was a major hassle. You had to go through the trouble of jail breaking your device before you could execute a tethered carrier update.
But thanks to CarrierNameUpdaters.com, updating your carrier name is now a piece of cake. With just three simple steps, you can update your current carrier network name at AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, or wherever your service is. Best of all, you won’t have to create a new SIM card or pay big bucks for a jailbreak. Its customization made easy, so what are you waiting for? Update your carrier network name and show off your unique style!
How do I change my cellular name on my iPhone?
It doesn’t matter what model of iPhone you have, you can change the name of the iPhone ios apps and install them using Air Drop, ICloud, and HotSpot as well as your computer. Go to the ios settings app > General > About > Names. Taps. Tap the button.
By the way, which one of these do you prefer? Comparison of Apple iPhone 13 vs iPhone 12: Which is Better?
How do I change my service name on my phone?
Your smartphone is not just any ordinary device, it’s an extension of yourself. You customize it with your favorite apps, wallpapers, and ringtones. But have you ever thought about giving it a unique name? Well, it’s simple. Just touch the settings icon on your phone, tap Bluetooth, and then tap on device name.
You can now give your phone a name that reflects your personality or perhaps your profession. Whether it’s something quirky like “Tech Ninja” or something professional like “Dr. Smith’s change iPhone,” the possibilities are endless. By giving your phone a unique name, you’re not only adding a personal touch, but you’re also making it easier to identify on Bluetooth devices. So go ahead, give your phone a name that’s as awesome as you are!
How do I show my carrier settings name on my iPhone status bar?
Tap Settings > General > More settings. If the update is enabled, the above mobile data latest carrier settings cellular data will be updated.
Those with carriers who do not wish to change the carrier’s name should follow the below tips and tricks. Visit the var/mobile/library/Carrier bundle/Overlay. Get it. … Tap Modify or search Status bar Carrier names. Can we modify carrier settings in our text with OUR-TEXT? Tap Save.