Having double contacts with the same number link contacts will make your phone full, so you need delete duplicate contacts on your iPhone. When you want to change your old phone with an iPhone 8 absolutely you must manage all of the contacts. When you find many duplicate contacts, you should delete it one by one is really tiring. So, you need a simple way to do it. Please follow the steps below to delete duplicate contacts on iPhone 8.
How to Remove Duplicate Contacts on iPhone
Attention all Apple users! Are you tired of having multiple versions of the same contact in your phone? Well, Apple has finally listened to our prayers and will be adding a feature to merge multiple contacts, from multiple sources in its upcoming iOS 16. While it may not be perfect, it will catch most duplicates. Want to know how to use this game-changing feature? It’s easy! Just open the Contacts app on your iOS device, go through all your contacts, and if you find duplicates, simply tap on the contact and select “Allow merge” to merge all the duplicate contacts in one go. And hey, if you want to stay updated on the latest tech news and trivia, join our tech newsletter with 425,000 members. Don’t miss out on the information- join us today!
How to Use an App to Merge Duplicate Contacts on iPhone
Looking for an easy and efficient way to merge email contacts? Apple may not have all the answers just yet, as they struggle with detecting duplicates. But fear not, there are other options out there. Take, for example, the app-free Easy Cleaning, which boasts a glowing five-star rating. Getting started is a breeze: simply download the app, grant it access to your contacts, and presto! You’re well on your way to merging those pesky duplicates. Plus, with plans to roll out contact enrichment in the future, you won’t even need to ask permission. The interface is straightforward and user-friendly, with a handy “Double contact” function that lets you easily pick and choose which contacts you want to merge. Hit “Merge” or “Merge all duplicates”, and voila! All your results are consolidated onto one screen.
Method 1. How to mass delete duplicate contacts on iPhone with ContactsMate
Want to finally rid your iPhone of those pesky duplicate contacts? If you’re a Mac user, look no further than Cisdem ContactsMate – the ultimate solution for efficient contact management. Say goodbye to cluttered address books and hello to organized, streamlined communication.
Say goodbye to annoying duplicate contacts on all your devices with ContactsMate. This powerful tool hunts down both exact and partial duplicates on your iPhone, Mac, iCloud, Outlook, Gmail, and more. No need to sift through long lists of contacts anymore – ContactsMate displays your duplicates side by side for easy viewing and editing. Delete, merge, or edit them all at once or one by one. Keep your address book organized effortlessly with ContactsMate.
Steps: How to delete duplicate contacts on iPhone 13 and other iPhone models
1. On your Mac, download and install ContactsMate.
2. When you open it for the first time, click OK to allow the access.
3. On your iPhone, sync iPhone contacts with iCloud. To do this, tap your name in iPhone’s Settings, tap iCloud and turn on Contacts.
4. In ContactsMate, click Add Account in the toolbar.
5. In the Internet Accounts window that appears, click iCloud on the right. Sign in to it.
6. Select the Contacts checkbox.
7. Click the
button next to the Updated contacts detected message. Now iCloud will appear in the sidebar. You can find all your iPhone/iCloud contacts in it.
8. Select iCloud in the sidebar and click Scan in the toolbar.
9. The Conflict Resolution window will display all the found iPhone duplicate contacts. Delete or merge duplicate contacts now.
You can start with exact duplicates. Select an item in the Exact duplicate contacts category and then click Fix All in the bottom right corner. This will remove all the exactly identical contacts on your iPhone at once. It’s easy and quick.
Now you can fix other types of duplicates. Select an item in a certain category (such as Duplicate name) and then click Fix or Fix All. You can delete, merge or edit other contacts too. There is a lot of flexibility.
The changes will be automatically detected and synced to iCloud and iPhone. As a result, unwanted duplicate contacts will be removed from your iPhone.
This is how to quickly find iPhone contacts that are exactly the same or partially the same person and get them deleted or merged.
Tip 1. Backup your iPhone contacts first
Before you delete duplicate contacts on your iPhone, backup them first. It’s a snap with ContactsMate. Between step 7 and step 8, go to Preferences > Backup & Restore.
Select iCloud on the left and then click Backup in the bottom right corner. Tap Link.
Tip 2. Find or view duplicates or ignore specific type(s) of duplicates
Before you click Scan in step 8, you can tweak settings in Preferences if needed. Under the Conflicts tab, set this duplicate contact remover to either find duplicate contacts or ignore certain type(s) when it scans for duplicate contacts on iPhone. It offers flexibility and lets you take control.
Method 2. Merge duplicate contacts on iPhone with Mac’s Contacts app
If you have a Mac or have access to one, you can use Mac’s Contacts app to help eliminate duplicate iPhone contacts.
Note that this method often can’t find all the duplicates. And it doesn’t display the duplicates delete multiple contacts that have been found, which means you can’t view duplicate contacts before merging them.
1. Sync iPhone contacts to iCloud.
2. On your Mac, open Contacts and go to Preferences.
3. Under the Accounts tab, click the plus icon. Select iCloud and click Continue. Sign in to iCloud.
4. In the menu bar, select Card > Look for Duplicates.
5. Click Merge.
6. Repeat step 4 and step 5.
Take caution with this method. Here is a scenario. You have two contacts named Robert who are saved in email accounts with no last name. Clicking Merge will merge the two contacts into one. But they are different persons.
Method 3. How to delete duplicate contacts on iPhone with Google Contacts
It’s also possible to get rid of duplicate contacts on iPhone using Google Contacts, as long as you have a Gmail account.
1. Sync all the contacts on your iPhone to iCloud.
2. Visit iCloud on your web browser. Click Contacts, and you will be led to a new page. There you can find all your iPhone contacts.
3. Click the gear icon in the bottom left corner and choose Select All.
4. Click the icon again and select Export vCard. It will start saving your iPhone contacts to your computer.
5. Sign in to your Gmail account and go to Contacts.
6. In the column on the left, click Import.
7. In the box that appears, click Select file and upload your iPhone contacts. Click Import.
8. The imported iPhone contacts list will appear and be automatically tagged with the import date, say, Imported on 5/20.
9. Click Merge & fix in the left column, and it will find and list the contacts with duplicate listings.
10. You can choose to merge individual delete duplicates or multiple iPhone duplicate contacts. There is a Merge all option. If you click Dismiss, the specific iPhone duplicate contacts will be ignored.
11. Click Export. In the Export contacts box, select all your iPhone contacts by choosing the related label from the dropdown list. Choose to export them as vCard. Click Export.
12. Visit https://www.icloud.com/contacts/ again.
13. Click the gear icon and import the vCard file you’ve just exported from Google.
Now the duplicate-free contacts will pop up and be automatically synced to iPhone.
How do I delete multiple duplicate Contacts on my iPhone?
Is deleting contact files from iPhone through iCloud easy? Please Log into ICloud. Click on the Contact button and pick the contact you want to delete by pressing Ctrl when you click. Please see Contact Us. The first sexy of the two was a blacksmith. Select Delete contact from the menu. Click on the gear icon on the lower right side.
Why does my iPhone 8 have duplicate Contacts?
In the case of several contacts, it is possible that the contacts have different records. Contacts are grouped by their own name in order for them to be displayed as separate, unified, contact cards.
How do I mass delete Contacts from my iPhone?
Install contacts from an iPhone or open the smartphone app and select contacts. Get the contacts i’m deleting. Press and hold a button on the contact list, with one finger and move it up and down to highlight the adjacent button as a selection. Use your fingers to finish the selections.