In case you don’t have access to the internet or have a poor Wi-Fi signal, you can download podcasts on the phone. However, if you have to download podcasts, you need to know also how to delete podcasts from iphone to escape lack of space on the device.
Nowadays podcasts are a popular way of receiving information. There are plenty of types of information and topics you have a possibility to learn from podcasts. Interviews, hobbies, science, traveling, the news, just conversation of interesting people and so on. Podcasts can be called modern radio. They are more convenient than their concurrent thanks to the possibility to listen to them any moment you want and to make a pause. The main advantage of podcasts is that you can listen to them while you’re busy with the other activity, preferably physical work that doesn’t require any mental efforts to be able to perceive the information from a podcast. For instance, it’s great to do the housework or to go somewhere.
How To Delete Podcasts from iPhone
Removal from the library:
- Open an app called Podcasts.
- Press on Library, which is a tab on the bottom of the screen, then pick a section that you’d like to remove the podcasts from.
- Here are 2 methods to delete the podcast. The first method is the following. After opening one of the sections (Shows, Episodes, Downloaded Episodes), you need to click on the podcast icon.
- Then pick the “…” button and Delete it from Library.
Pay attention, when you remove a podcast from the Shows section, all the episodes disappear from the eponymous section.
If you want to learn how to delete podcasts from iTunes library, the mechanism is the same.
You can read about the second method in the next paragraph.
- The second method works only for Library.
- Choose Edit when you opened Library.
Then click on the sign of minus on the podcast icon. After deleting everything you need, click Done in the upper right-hand corner. You’re done! Now you deleted this podcast successfully.
The way how to remove podcasts from iTunes is analogical.
As you could understand, all the Apple devices have one structure, so use exactly the same way how to remove podcasts from ipod as for iphone.
Defend yourself from auto-downloading podcast episodes
- Open the app
- Enter Library
- Press an icon of the chosen podcast
- Press the “…” sign
- Open Settings
- Scroll the page down till the end and choose Download Episodes, and then press Off. If can’t see this button, make sure a tick is next to Custom Settings (menu Episodes), not any other button.
When you reject automatical downloading of episodes, the action influences only the concrete podcast, to apply the function to all the podcasts, make the same thing through Settings on the iPhone itself (look at the picture below).
That’s all! We hope the instructions helped you to understand how to delete podcasts from iphone and you will get plenty of space on the device.