The iPhone is among the top-of-the-line, well-designed, and user-friendly phones on the market. Also, the selection of wireless speakers made by JBL devices is one of the top-rated within their industry, too. This makes sense that a lot of people would want to pair these two amazing items.
It’s a breeze as it gets, due to the simple layout of these products. Thus, I decided to look into How to connect JBL speakers to iPhone. No matter you have what model, whether it’s a Flip, JBL Extreme, JBL boombox portable speaker with iPhone, or JBL enough charge, The process will be almost the same.
How to connect JBL speakers to iPhone?
The models come with similar pair-up procedures. Follow these first step-by-step instructions, and you’ll be capable of how to connect JBL speakers to your iPhone quickly.
Step 1 – Bluetooth Activate on your JBL speaker
Start by turning to your Bluetooth speaker. The majority of JBL boombox speakers models automatically switch to enable Bluetooth pairing mode once the speaker has been turned on app store. It is dependent on whether the speaker was previously connected to any other device prior.
Mode of pairing is identified by the flashing of a LED. If your speaker isn’t able to enter Bluetooth pairing automatically, you can push and hold the Bluetooth connection button to activate the pairing mode.
If the speaker was previously paired to another device, and it is connected, it will require a connection to the other device once the new device is switched on. If this is the case, it is also necessary to activate the pairing mode by pressing the Bluetooth connect button for several seconds, until the blue light begins blinking light.
Step 2 – Activate Bluetooth on Your iPhone
After the speaker is in the process of being turned on and is it is waiting for the Bluetooth pairing button connection, it is time to connect it with a device that it can connect to. Start the Settings application on your iPhone and navigate to Bluetooth. You can also use the Bluetooth connectivity icon in the Control panel to create an alternative to access the Bluetooth menu settings app.
Check that your Bluetooth toggle is in its activated position. After the Bluetooth icon is activated, it will show the JBL speaker appear in the list of available devices. Press that JBL speaker to start the pairing process between the two devices.
Step 3 – Verify the connection
After you’ve connected the two devices, it is time to test whether you’ve got it right. Just start streaming videos or audio from your iPhone. Make sure that your phone’s volume and speaker is at an acceptable level.
If you encounter issues with your system, you have a few options that you could test. One of the options is to run one of these resets on the speaker. Whatever JBL connect app model next step you are using, it should work similarly.
Step 4-Turn On your JBL Speaker
It is possible to turn on the majority of JBL speakers by pressing the Power button. Check out this green-colored circle to show an example in the following picture.
However, since the iPhone will not be aware of this speaker, connecting is not going to happen automatically. The indicator light at the switch indicates that the speaker is not paired. It glows in a solid white.
Step 5- Connect with your JBL Speaker
Tap the speaker in the Other Devices section of the Bluetooth Devices list.
Step 6-Done with How to Connect JBL Speaker to iPhone!
It is now possible to pair your JBL wireless speaker to your iPhone. It is now possible to listen to a music device with the speaker. In some models like the Flip 4 you are able to also call from the phone and hear them through this speaker.
The iPhone will then pair with the speaker.
How to Make a Wired Connection Between
Alongside Bluetooth, it is also possible to connect via wire to your JBL speaker and your iPhone. But, the JBL charge speaker must have the 3.5 mm audio jack or AUX connector.
JBL Flip 4 is equipped with this port, which can physically connect with your iPhone. This is how it works:
- Make sure you have a 3.5-millimeter AUX cable, you may have it with the iPhone or you could buy it through Amazon.
- In the back of the JBL speaker, look for your physical port. Two ports are present; one is connected to the USB charger, while the second is an audio port.
- Open the cover on the slot, then connect an end of the audio cable to the AUX The circular hole is like the JBL headphones port that is on the iPhone.
- Then, connect the opposite part of the cable to the jack for headphones on your iPhone.
- On the JBL speaker. Play an audio file from your iPhone. It should play through the speaker.
- If you are not able to get it working, make sure you check the cable to ensure that it’s operating in good shape and is working effectively.
At times you may find that your JBL speaker will not be connected to an iPhone or not be recognized in any way. However, the speaker could fail to connect regularly. Take these steps to resolve the issue.
- First, reset your JBL speaker. Hold and press the “Volume up/plus button as well as the Bluetooth button simultaneously. Release them after you hear the tone to reset.
- The method of reset can differ among various JBL models. Read our complete step-by-step guide to learn the reset procedure for all of your JBL portable app speakers.
- Be sure that Bluetooth is turned on for both devices and that it is following the right procedure for putting the JBL speaker in pairing single source mode.
- Start your iPhone and remove your phone from the Bluetooth pair list.
- Visit the Bluetooth menu from your iPhone and then select the JBL speaker to show it in the drop-down menu and then choose to ‘Forget’ it. After that, pair the device again.
- Check that your JBL speaker isn’t linked to a Bluetooth device.
- The battery of for your JBL speaker. There are first times when the speaker will not be connected due to a lower battery.
- Set the speakers as well as the iPhone close to one another. This is because Bluetooth is a reliable technology, it can be used up to 30 feet (ca. 9 m). Outside that range, Bluetooth speakers iPhone can be disconnected.
- Switch off Bluetooth on all the nearby devices to ensure that your device does not automatically pair to the devices.
Connecting JBL speakers to iPhone via an AUX cable
It is possible to connect your iPhone to a JBL speaker via the 3.5 mm audio cable if you prefer an audio connection via wire.
Connect part of the cord to your adapter for the iPhone’s headphone port, and the opposite end into the JBL audio input.
It is a fact that JBL speakers are able to help you enjoy the superior quality audio of your iPhone. Its Connect+, as well as Party Boost feature, also guarantees that you have the ability to connect as many as 100 speakers at once. You can also organize rallies using the portable JBL speakers. We haven’t tried it.